Tuesday 25 October 2011

Early Gaming Experiences

thinking about the games i used to play when i was younger isn't difficult i can remember games level by level, what the cheats where how my thumbs would get sore from using my gameboy too much :P

But i can't narrow down what my first video game i ever played was.
I remember one of the first things i played on computer was kidspix which was a drawing game
and my mum used to take me to the market to get games on floppy disk which were demos/games of snes games that i would play on my computer such as
Speedy Gonzales
Bubsy in close encounters of the Furred Kind
The Lion King

I also used to play educational games
the series that stands out would have to be
The ClueFinders



Also the Legend of Zelda series on gameboy
and
Croc Legend of the Gobbos
ODDWORLD: Abe's Oddysee
Heart of Darkness

Games originally for me were an escape, I was able to be transported to these new worlds and discover and explore these environments someone else had created.
Now I prefer a game with a great story line, but there are many games which have next to no storyline at all.

Croc Legend of the Gobbos did have a storyline about how croc is searching for his mother, but there is no dialouge or written explanation that this is the story. It just is the story. you have to have read up on the game before hand or played the sequel to understand that. However the game was really creative and fun. the worlds were all so different and the difficulty curve kept me coming back for more.



many of my favorite childhood games i never fully completed until years and years later when I took them out to play and again. The Nostalgia is something that i enjoy in games.

This is why new games don't interest me too much unless they paralllel features or something from an old game I use to play...

I can't help it i'm Old Skool! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment